Volunteer your time as an Lpc-Intern to gain private practice experience. Commit to 1 year and receive free supervision or keep your current supervisor and gain hours at my practice as an additional site.
Option A is available May 2019:
Free Supervision if you agree to the following:
- 1 year commitment with a signed contract
- Conduct a minimum of 12 client sessions monthly as a volunteer (no payment to you). This is equivalent to having 3 clients you see weekly.
- You may conduct more than 12 sessions monthly if you choose
- You may accrue off site hours at a paid position elsewhere and receive supervision with me but you must also agree to the above
- You get to choose what day/time you see clients (as available)
- Ideal for those wanting some private practice experience once per week (or more) in addition to getting hours from a paid off-site position. I can supervise your work at both locations.
There is a one time administrative fee of $250 to get started.
- Add your bio to my website and Facebook business pages
- Offer an electronic health record for you to write your notes where I review and sign off on them
- Discuss how to apply for insurance panels once you are fully licensed
- Brainstorm how to start your private practice once you are fully licensed
- 4 hours of supervision monthly, avail in person or video chat in individual and group sessions as available.
- Your volunteer hours will allow you the opportunity to give back to the community. Clients will be able to obtain counseling at a reduced fee of $25 per session, paid to Spirit-Mind-Body Counseling, PLLC. Many people cannot afford to pay for counseling even with insurance due to high deductible plans or other life situations.
Option B (Available now):
- Ideal for LPC-Intern needing off-site supervision (you are already accruing hours at another location but need a LPC-Supervisor)
- We will meet 4x monthly for supervision, in person or video chat
- $600 Flat Fee (Cost is equal to my private pay fee).
- Payment due by the 1st of each month, no refunds or partial refunds if you do not show.
Why off-site supervision?
Working for an employer who also provides supervision has pros, such as receiving supervision for free. However, it can also come with some cons such as it could make one feel somewhat guarded or not as open fearing the supervision experience would affect your employment. It is similar to a “dual” relationship. Having a separate LPC-Supervisor from your employer has many advantages, such as offering a different point of view / a more private-practice lens than the expectations from an employer led business; fewer ethical concerns; committed time devoted to your advancement and professional growth; being able to address other areas of LPC-supervision that are not job-related and a mentor that will stay consistent regardless of where you work.
Let’s talk to determine if we would be a good fit for one another. Call me at 469.701.0572.