Congratulations on all your hard work to obtain your LPC-Intern license! Choosing a supervisor is an important next step. I have years of experience in a variety of settings – mobile crisis team, 24 hour hotline, community agency, facility based care with substance abuse, general psych and eating disorder clients, private practice setting and with an insurance company.
My motivation for offering supervision is to give back to others all the support and mentoring I was given. You’ll be offered my full attention, ethical role modeling and commitment to your professional growth. Contact me using the form below to be considered for supervision.
There is a one time administrative fee of $250 to get started.
Free Supervision if you agree to the following:
- 1 year commitment with a signed contract
- Work as a volunteer (no payment to you)
- Conduct a minimum of 12 sessions monthly. This is equivalent to having 3 clients you see weekly or in any combination of hours/days/clients that equals 12 sessions per month (minimum).
- You may conduct more than 12 sessions monthly if you choose
- You may accrue off site hours at a paid position elsewhere and receive supervision with me but you must also agree to the above.
- You may keep you current LPC supervisor if you have one and accrue hours at my location on a volunteer basis for the experience
- You get to choose what day/time you see clients (as available).
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays – 4pm to 8pm
- Wednesdays – 8am to 3:30 pm
- Fridays – 8am to 8pm
- Ideal for those wanting some private practice experience once per week (or more) in addition to getting hours from a paid off-site position elsewhere. I can supervise your work at both locations.
- Add your bio to my website and Facebook business pages
- Offer an electronic health record for you to write your notes where I review and sign off on them
- Discuss how to apply for insurance panels once you are fully licensed
- Brainstorm how to start your private practice once you are fully licensed
- 4 hours of supervision monthly, avail in person or video chat in individual and group sessions as available.
- Your volunteer hours will allow you the opportunity to give back to the community. Clients will be able to obtain counseling at a reduced fee of $25 per session, paid to Spirit-Mind-Body Counseling, PLLC. Many people cannot afford to pay for counseling even with insurance due to high deductible plans or other life situations.
- Ideal for LPC-Intern needing off-site supervision (you are already accruing hours at another location but need a LPC-Supervisor)
- We will meet 4x monthly for supervision, in person or video chat
- $300 Flat Fee
- Payment due by the 1st of each month, no refunds or partial refunds if you do not show.
- No extra payment for months with five weeks.
Why off-site supervision?
Working for an employer who also provides supervision has pros, such as receiving supervision for free. However, it can also come with some cons such as it could make one feel somewhat guarded or not as open fearing the supervision experience would affect your employment. It is similar to a “dual” relationship. Having a separate LPC-Supervisor from your employer has many advantages, such as offering a different point of view / a more private-practice lens than the expectations from an employer led business; fewer ethical concerns; committed time devoted to your advancement and professional growth; being able to address other areas of LPC-supervision that are not job-related and a mentor that will stay consistent regardless of where you work.
If you’d like more information or ready to start your LPC-Supervision work, then fill out the form below. I will reach out to you shortly.