Currently only providing TELEHEALTH sessions.
Thank you for visiting! My name is Noemi Mendez-Hyams and I am a Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor (LPC-S) located in Carrollton, TX. I work with adults, 18+ (no couples at this time).
I work with adults who are looking to work through a variety of issues such as:
- Feeling stressed at work
- Have someone neutral to talk with about things in your life
- Feelings of sadness, loss of interest, low motivation, low energy, poor concentration, poor sleep
- Having excessive worries, over analyzing things, feeling stuck, overwhelmed, feeling tense
- Tend to isolate from others, hard to talk about your feelings
- Often put others needs ahead of your own
- Feeling stressed and tend to avoid feelings / confrontation / making decisions
- History of trauma experiences in childhood or adulthood
- Past experiences feel like they repeat itself in the present
- Not feeling happy in your current relationship with a significant other or past unsuccessful relationships
Common Goals for therapy are:
- Gain insight into yourself / from the past and current experiences
- Looking for a work / life balance
- Want to be in more healthy relationships
- Want to improve how you feel – less depressed, less anxious
- Want to learn positive coping skills to address worries, over thinking, feelings of sadness
- Would like to work on yourself, increase confidence and self-esteem
Thinking about therapy is an important first step that can make you feel vulnerable, anxious yet hopeful at the same time. Therapy is a process of collaboration between you and I to develop goals, identify your strengths and natural supports to address the issues that have brought you into counseling and explore how your life experiences have impacted your relationship with yourself as well as others.
I often tell my clients your mental health is just as important as your physical and spiritual health. Therapy can be hard but rewarding work. There are no guarantees in therapy but even the smallest step toward change can be a tremendous leap in the right direction.