I currently accept the following insurance:
- Anthem EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas – Blue Choice PPO Network
- Optum (United Healthcare)
- Scott and White – (certain plans, will verify prior to first visit)
If your insurance is not listed above then sessions are self-pay and the rates for counseling are listed below.
I can provide you with an invoice to submit to your health plan using out-of-network benefits, if you have them. You may pay by cash, check or credit card. A credit card authorization form is required to have on file in case of cancellation without 24 hour notice or a no-show without a call.
Phone Consultation prior to scheduling first session
Counseling Session for Individuals (*13 yrs+), Couples, Families (parent/child or other)
Missed Appointment Fee
Returned Check Fee
Other services for which additional fees may apply include: telephone calls, speaking with another provider for which you provide consent; providing copies of medical records that you request, court appearances/testimony.
*NOTE: Prior to beginning counseling services to a minor client who is named in a custody agreement or court order, the parent will need to provide a current copy of the custody agreement or court order, as well as any applicable part of the divorce decree before the minor client can be seen. A copy of these records must be kept on file. Consent may be needed by one or both of the parents if mandated in these documents.
There are pros and cons to utilizing your insurance benefits. We can discuss this further at your request.
It is your responsibility to contact your health plan prior to your session to verify your benefits.
If I am considered out of network for you plan, call your insurance company to determine if:
- do you have out of network benefits?
- do you first have to meet a deductible before being reimbursed and how much are you reimbursed?
- what services are covered and not covered (such as marriage counseling or sessions that last 60 minutes?)
- Are there restrictions/limitations in your benefits such as number of sessions allowed per calendar or benefit year?
Most health plans that have out-of-network benefits will require you to: a) submit a claim form found at your health plan website and b) Submit an invoice from your session (that I will provide to you) with the following information:
- Date(s) of service
- Place of Service (office)
- CPT code (description of services rendered by the Provider)
- Amount Charged
- Provider Name & Address
- Provider Tax ID and license level (LPC)
- Provider’s NPI number
Please contact your health plan behavioral / mental health portion of your benefit, the number is most often found on the back of your insurance card to obtain details on your specific plan.